The Directorate of Human resource was established in 2010. The Directorate of Human Resource works to ensure that the university fulfils its obligations to all employees.
- To strengthen the staff development programme of the university.
- To ensure optimum human resource capacity and utilization at all levels of the university.
- To develop welfare systems.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE DIRECTORATE OF HUMAN RESOURCE
- To ensure optimum use of Human resources as a key to achieve objectives of the university and that of individual member of staff.
- To provide Secretariat to the University Appointments Board and the Staff Development Committees.
- To manage the implementation of the resolutions of the Appointments Board and the Staff Development Committees.
- To develop and manage the implementation of HR policies, strategies, regulations and guidelines for the University.
- To plan, mobilize and ensure availability of resources to support and promote human resources development programmes in the University.
- To manage staff recruitment, development, deployment and performance evaluation.
- To enable strategic collaboration and working linkages with other universities and training institutions in providing relevant training for staff of the University.
- To handle welfare management such as salary administration and other benefits.
- To plan, budget, requisition and account for resources allocated to the Directorate.
- Availability of designated office for Human Resource Development
- Increased number of staff in training
- A number of welfare services offered to university staff
- Increased ethical practices and transparency amongst staff and students
- Performance of all University staff appraised annually
- All staff have clear job descriptions
- Comprehensive Human Resource policies in place
The directorate is currently implementing the following innovations/policies
- Introduction of Result Oriented Management as a tool for the University wide planning, strategy implementation and performance monitoring
- Introduction of Staff Performance Appraisal for the first time in the ten year history of the University
- Computerization of Human Resource Records (HRIS-Digital Data base)
- Preparation of a comprehensive Human Resource Manual.
SECTIONS IN THE DIRECTORATE OF HUMAN RESOURCE
Human Resource Planning, Development and Welfare
This Section shall be responsible for the following:
Human Resource Management and Records Section
The directorate of human resource has the following staff.
1. Mr. Keuber Richard Manano (Director Human Resources) Responsible for Planning, advising, coordinating and supervising all activities related to human resource management based on a strategic overview of the University and their environments to enable it realize its vision and mission.
2. Mrs. Magala Peace (Senior Human Resource officer) and Mr. Anthony Muligo (Administrative Assistant) are in charge of Rewards, Compensation, Salaries and Employee welfare division.
3. Mr. Bazirio Nabutto (Senior Human Resource officer In charge of Performance management division.
4. Mrs. Proscovia Nakirya (Human Resource Officer) and Ms. Harriet Nakato (Records Assistant) are in charge Human Resource Information System and Records division