Masters in Sports
This is a two year programme that aims to equip PE and Sport teachers, Sport Scientists and sports administrators and
coaches/ fitness instructors with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes for effective work as sports teachers and leaders in schools, universities, ministries, sport associations and organizations in the private sector. The attained skills allow high quality performance.
Minimum Entry requirements: Second-class degree in Physical Education / Sport, Teaching experience in PE/Sport. Candidates are admitted on private sponsorship. Assessment is by Course work and dissertation.
Aims and Key Benefits
- Empowers our students for effective work relevant institutions and organizations such as schools, universities, ministries, sport associations and organizations in the private sector.
- Equips students with the skills required to provide professional leadership in teaching careers, sport science research and administration in sports.
- Enable learners to train and further their education and qualifications in sport science.
- Equip learners and improve their professional competence to teach, coach and work in sport management and counseling at a higher level.
- Equip learners with additional leadership and professional proficiency to improve their job performance.
- Offer learners a ladder for progression to postgraduate studies in sport science.
- Open learners up to regional and international exposure, scholarship and career opportunities in sport sciences.
Summary of Courses offered
- Theory & Practice of Sport Sciences
- Organization & Administration of PE/Sport
- Methods of Instruction in PE/Sport
- Applied Computer Science
- Advanced Study Skills & Communication
- Supervision of Instruction of PE/Sport
- Curriculum Development in PE/Sport
- Safety & Injuries in Sport
- Methods in Sport Research
- Sport Statistics
- Sports Management
- Physical Education
- Exercise Science & Coaching
- Sport & Health
- Sport Sociology
- Sport Law
- Sport Psychology
- Sport Journalism
NB. The curriculum is currently under review.
- Research Proposal
Other courses under Sports Science