The department of Human Nutrition and Home Economics offers day and evening programmes. The postgraduate Diploma in Vocational Pedagogy (PGDVP) is housed. in this department. under (FK Project).
The day programme include: Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics (BSc. HND) Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Home Economic with Education (BVHD); Diploma
in Education Secondary (DES), Bachelor of Education (BED) belongs to Faculty of Education.
Evening programmes include: Diploma in Hotel and Institutional Catering (DHIC) Diploma in Fashion and Design (FAD), Certificate in Hotel and Institutional Catering (CHIC) and Certificate in Garment Design (CGD).
Programmes offered are:
- Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Postgraduate diploma in Vocational Pedagogy
- Undergraduate Degrees (BHND, BVHD,BED
- Diplomas (DES, FAD and DHIC
- Certificates in CGD and CHIC)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Vocational Pedagogy:
The PGDVP is a-one year course that has so far admitted three cohorts since if inception in 2009. The 1st cohort graduate in February 2011.
Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics (BND) is a 3 year pre-service. The out puts for this programme are: Nutritionists and Dieticians who are capable of working in various communities, hospitals and NGOs such as World Food Programme Task. The programme has become popular.
Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Home Economics with education BVHD) is a two year course pre-service programme. The graduate teach Foods and Nutrition Science in the Home, Clothing and Textile among others.
Bachelor of Education (B.ED) is offered by the Faculty of Education but taken as a double main in the Department of Human Nutrition and Home economics.
The department offers two year diploma to help learners who wish to continue which education or become self employed. One diploma programmes (DES) is conducted during day and the other two namely DHIC and CHIC are evening programme.
Diploma in Education Secondary (DES) is a two year course. It is taught during day.
- Diploma in Hotel and Institutional Catering is fun in the evening. The products of this programmes are employed in the hospitality industry others become self-employed in the Food Industry.
- Diploma in Fashion and Design also a two year course taught in the evening. The particular of this programme are Fashion Designers.
- Certificate in Hotel and Institutional Catering (CHIC) is a one year programme.
- Products of this programme join the hospitality industry while others become self-employed in the Food Industry.