WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
We value your interest in us and the time you have taken off to learn about Kyambogo University.
We are located 8 km from the centre of Kampala City, the
Capital of Uganda and barely an hour from Entebbe
Airport. Kampala is a well resourced city and is fun to live in.
The vision we hold
at KYU is to become a Centre for Academic and Professional Excellence. Our Mission is to advance and
promote knowledge and development of skills in Science,
Technology and Education and such other fields having regard for quality, equity, progress and transformation of Society.
We provide high quality
University Education in a stimulating environment. Our
research strategy focuses critically on the most
intellectually and practically applicable areas. Such a
dynamic approach is geared at creating teachers, engineers, community development specialists, managers and other professionals.
Our history starts way back in 1928 and 1945 when the former Uganda Polytechnic
Kyambogo (UPK) and the Institute of Teacher Education
Kyambogo ( ITEK), respectively, were established and
later, the Uganda National Institute of
Special Education (UNISE) in 1988. Kyambogo University was established by an
Act of Parliament in 2003 after a merger of these three
institutions on Kyambogo Hill.
This website will enable you access important information about Kyambogo University that includes:
• Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes and courses,
• Profiles of our Management, Academic, Administrative and
• Academic Management Structures,
• Linkages and Development Partners,
• Significant sites around the University campus,
• Student population and performance statistics,
• Highlights of the University events, and
• Current events and advertisements, among other things.
We thank you for visiting the Kyambogo University website.