CONVOCATION EXECUTIVE MEMBERS (2018- 2019)
KYAMBOGO UNIVERSITY CONVOCATION
To work together with the Kyambogo University Council and Management towards the development of the University and the realization of the goals cherished by the University and its old students, namely: the nurturing, promotion and protection of academic, intellectual, professional, technology, philosophical and ethical excellence in public and private domains for human and social development.
To mobilize the Alumni and well wishers to support the welfare and progress of the University and to participate in the enhancement and improvement of intellectual and material well-being of the University community including fostering unity and professional relation between fellow members of the Convocation and Kyambogo University.
- Take interest and participate in the planning and general development of the University.
- Initiate development of projects aimed at generating income for the Convocation and the University.
- Establish avenues through which members can participate fully in national issues, reforms, projects, programmes and other areas of interest to them.
- Establish an efficient network through which the Secretariat will be able to keep in touch with all the members of the Convocation globally.
- Establish for a through which members will exchange ideas geared towards the improvement of the quality of professionalism in the country.
- Affiliate or collaborate with national and international convocations.
The Convocation shall be duty bound to meet and discuss any matters within the sphere of Kyambogo University and transmit recommendations arising out of such discussions to the University Council, Senate and their relevant committees.
The specific activities shall, among others, be:-
- To bring together all the alumni of Kyambogo University.
- To Promote and popularise the social, ethical and intellectual image of Kyambogo University.
- To pro-actively solicit for material, financial and human resources to enable Kyambogo University maintain a Competitive edge Kyambogo University maintain a competitive edge with similar institutions.
- To collect and preserve materials of historical value to the University and the Convocation, including the University memorabilia.
- To assist in the placement of graduates
- To foster motivation through honoring distinguished students, members of staff and exemplars alumni in society.
- To assemble and maintain Convocation membership database including publication of Convocation newsletter and magazines.
- To liase with other Universities Alumni Associations and Convocation to achieve the aforementioned goals.
OFFICE OF THE GUILD PRESIDENT
KYAMBOGO UNIVERSITY GUILD CABINET MEMBERS 2018/2019
OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR
0414 286 238
The Vice Chancellor Kyambogo University Prof. Eli Katunguka Rwakishaya welcomes you. The Office of the Vice Chancellor is at the apex of the Administrative, Financial and Academic hierarchies and therefore mandated to oversee all operational and strategic functions of the University.
MANDATE OF THE VC
The Primary responsibility of the Vice Chancellor is continuation and enhancement of Kyambogo University as a Public institution of higher learning dedicated to excellence in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
The Vice Chancellor works hand in hand with the University Council to set policies governing the operations of the University and is accountable to Council for the overall financial, administrative and academic management and direction of the University.
1. The Vice Chancellor works with Senior Administration, Faculty and Staff to ensure:
i) timely reporting to Council.
ii) financial accountability.
iii) the ability to attract and retain a diverse workforce.
iv) efficient use of financial resources.
v) balanced budgeting
vi) effective long term planning.
vii) appropriate management of human resources.
viii) the ability to attract and retain a diverse student population.
2. He/She works with the Faculties and Senate to:
i) Establish and maintain focused and coherent academic Programmes.
ii) Ensure high quality research.
3. Works with Students to:
Establish and maintain a regular and consultative relationship with students and their elected representatives on matters of academic programmes, students' welfare, infrastructure and governance.
4. Works with Government to ensure moral and financial support for the University.
VICE CHANCELLOR STAFFING
|Prof. Eli Katunguka Rwakishaya||Vice Chancellor|
|Mr. James Bulenzibuto||Public Relations Officer|
KYAMBOGO UNIVERSITY CONVOCATION
The Convocation of the Kyambogo University consists of:
- All persons who studied and completed a course of at least one academic year at Kyambogo University
- All persons who studied and competed a course of at least one academic year in all the former institutions (ITEK, UPK and UNISE), which merged to form Kyambogo University, and its affiliated institutions.
- All persons who studied and completed a course in all National Teachers Colleges in Uganda.
- Students admitted by Kyambogo University or seconded to other Universities for their studies.
- Certificate holders of less than one academic year of study approved by the University Council.
- Current and former members of the University Council.
- Current and former members of the Appointments Board.
- Current and former Vice Chancellors, Academic Registrars, Secretaries and Deans of Students.
- Recipients of Kyambogo University Honorary Degrees.
- Patrons of the Convocation.
- The Vice Chancellors, Directors, Principals and staff of constituent and affiliated institutions.
- Outside scholars on teaching and/or research at Kyambogo University.
- Corporate Membership shall include institutions and organizations that subscribe the aims and objectives of the Convocation.
KYAMBOGO UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
Kyambogo University Library was established in 2003 following the merger of the three principal institutions, namely UPK, ITEK and UNISE.
Kyambogo University Library Services has three major centers, one on the East End known as Barclays Library, and the other on West End of the University and the other in the Special Needs and Rehabilitation Faculty known as Faculty of Special Needs and Rehabilitation Library (FSN&RL). There is also an Education Library based in the Faculty of Education.
To be a Leading provider of Research Information in Education, Science, Technology and Humanities.
To facilitate the acquisition and advancement of knowledge and skills through the provision of information, teaching and research.
To Serve and Not Seek for Rest